Friday, March 25, 2011
32 Weeks 5 Days NST/BPP Appointment
Another good appointment at MFM. It took about 3 hours and was filled with lots of stress for me, but in the end everything was good. First, they put me on the monitors for the stress test. Then the nurse came into the room in the middle of the test and thought that the baby's heart was having decels. So, I was freaking out BIG time. However, after a little bit she figured out that the monitor was picking up my heartrate since the monitor was not really in a good place. So, after that scary test I had to wait forever to get my ultrasound done. Everything went very well with that test and I found out that she is no longer in a breech position! So, that is great! Now she just needs to stay that way! This time I talked to the doctor and he said at this point he worries about my blood clotting disorders. He said they will be keeping a very good eye on the baby and checking her blood flow. He said it is very important for me to pay attention to her movement and if I notice any significant change, I need to call imediatedly. So, I will now be going twice a week for NST's, BPP's and doppler testing. It's kind of overwhelming and I hate these NST's because they stress me out every single time, but the more monitoring the better at this point to make sure baby girl is healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad it went ok! That stinks that you have to go so often but like you said the more monitoring the better. Do you go to Toledo Hospital? I loved my NST Ellen there. Also, does baby girl have a name yet?
ReplyDeleteI go to St. V's Maternal Fetal Medicine department for my NST's. Baby girl does not have a name yet! :) Nick and I have it narrowed down to about 3 names and he is going to make the final decision. I can't wait!! :)
ReplyDelete