Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Makayla Hope Borjas

Our beautiful baby girl was finally born on 5/5/2011 @ 2:35 am!  She weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.








Birth Story:

On Wednesday, 5/4/2011, I started having contractions every few hours that were hurting a bit more than usual.  Nick and I went to dinner at Blackberry Corners and met his parents there.  We ordered some pizzas and all of a sudden I started having some very strong contractions about 10 minutes apart.  This happened about 3 or 4 times and I knew this was it!  By the time we made it to the car my water broke!  I was kind of freaking out since I have never experienced my water breaking before.  There is nothing like feeling like you are peeing your pants and you can't stop! LOL 

So, we headed home (we only live about 5 minutes away).  We grabbed the bags for the hospital which I had all set and ready to go.  I called the doctor and we headed to St. V's.  We parked in the parking garage and headed up to Labor and Delivery.  That was the most embarrassing walk ever since my pants were soaked and continuing to get worse! 

We got all checked into our room and started the process!  Little Makayla was a bit more stubborn than her brother!  Elijah only took pushing for 15 minutes to make his arrival, but this little girl decided to make me really work for it!  I pushed for an hour with a some yelling and crying... then she finally came out with this little tiny cry.  She was so beautiful!  Right when she came out she tried to suck on my OB's finger.  :)  Nick cut the cord and they put her on my belly.  It was so emotional and amazing all at the same time! 

It is now 5 days later and we are completely in love with our little girl!  She already has her daddy completely wrapped around her little finger.  I love seeing how much he loves her already and the two of them interacting.  She is going to be daddy's girl!!  Nick was suppose to go back to work yesterday.  He got up and got all ready and headed out as I was about to cry.  He made it to Curtice and then decided he missed us too much!  He called his boss and turned around and came home!  Love him!  Unfortunately today, he really had to go.  We miss him so much!  There is nothing better than the time we have just the 3 of us!  I love my little family! 

I'm not sure who Makayla looks like yet.  She definitely has some of the same features as Eli.  They have the same nose and mouth.  My beautiful babies!  I wish I could stay at home with her forever!  I have to go back to work in 3 months, so I plan on enjoying every moment! 

I'm sure I will be picture crazy, so I will post some more soon.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Adrianne -
    She is absolutely precious! I cannot wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete